Mar 26, 2014

With A Thankful Heart


I'm sitting here reading all your sweet messages and comments on my Disney news. I have been overwhelmed by all the love! It's been heartwarming to hear from family, new and old friends I haven't heard from in awhile.

Thank you. Thanks for all the kind words and sentiments. It means more than you will ever know!

When I started writing this blog I really had no idea what I was getting myself into or what I was really trying to put out into the internet world. In the short two months I've been blogging I've been surprised by a few things I've learned.

The power of inspiration. I've felt very honored every time anyone tells me they've read my blog. To be honest, I didn't think anyone would be at all interested in what I had to say. I'm grateful to know that I've made you laugh or inspired you in any way. It's been a humbling experience to allow myself to use blogging as a platform to be completely vulnerable. I'm beginning to realize that we're all the same. No matter how different our lives may seem most of our thoughts, insecurities, and desires are one and the same. If any of my single gal stories helps another fellow single gal laugh. Or if my experience in one of the many failures in life helps motivate someone else to put the pieces back together. Mission accomplished. I've realized that figuring out life is the best part. Falling down time and time again is always worth it when you finally land where you want to.

The power of dreams. I feel like dreams have played a pivotal theme in 2014 for me. I never spent too much time thinking about what my passions in life were. I've spent majority of my life listening to what people thought were best for me then completely effing that up. I used to wonder why I couldn't get myself out of that vicious cycle. Well, it makes sense now. I've tried to deny the fact that I'm simply a passionate person. There's no way I would ever be able to do anything in this life that wasn't set in my heart. Don't be afraid to go after what makes you happy. Find your passion and make it work for you. Live your life, don't let it live you.


"Keep your face always towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you."
Walt Whitman

Thanks again for all the well wishes! More importantly, thanks for reading. Thanks for allowing me to write and feed that creative part of myself. I'm excited to see where the rest of this journey leads. I can't wait to write about every struggle, smile, lesson, and piece of laughter life brings!
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment