Feb 10, 2014

my Tinder experience


First of all, The Mindy Project, if you don't know now you know. In my opinion, one of the funniest shows on TV. I relate to the Mindy Project on so many levels, it's sad. Mindy Kaling you are a genius. I adore you. If I were to have made a prelude to my Tinder profile, that's pretty much how it would have gone down. Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of my cousins have made the warning quite clear that there's a chance I might die alone. Loud and clear.

Anywhoo. My girlfriend from LA was the one that sparked my interest into this popular new app you kids call Tinder. She showed me how it worked and was telling me about her random escapades. Basically, for those of you that have not had the privilege of using Tinder, it's a 'Hot or Not' app. Plain and simple. Pictures pop up of men or women in your area and you have the option to either like it or dislike it. If you both like each other, you're matched up and can start privately messaging each other. I decided, why not?! I have nothing to lose (except maybe my pride...and life depending on what kind of psychos are out there)!

I signed up. And I think a good hour later, lost hope in all the men within a 50 mile radius. Yeah, I even extended the mileage for a prospect of even one seemingly attractive man. I started to question myself. Are you really that picky? Are you really that superficial? Come on, you can like a man in camo that decided that a picture of him and a dead deer was a GREAT profile picture! You're on the edge of 29 and single, lower them standards girl. Yes, these were literally the very words and thoughts running thru my head as I rejected prospect after prospect.

THEN FINALLY! ONE guy! Okay, to be honest, I probably would've never picked him out in a crowd, but when you've been looking at pictures for a good hour....well, my vision got blurry. To sum it up, I stayed on Tinder for a good week. I had less than 10 likes and never responded when one would message me. A proper greeting doesn't start with "Say girl..". Sorry bro. I'm an old fashioned girl, I just believe in meeting a guy face to face without the limits of 25 characters and a picture that hasn't been filtered with Brannan so much you can't tell if that's his face or just a spot on the wall.

The problem with Tinder? If you're picky like me, it leaves you with no hope that there's a decent looking guy out there. You start to google "Top Ten Best Places For Single People To Live" and begin planning your move out there. Tinder is fun. I'm sure tons of people have had success with this crazy popular app. But, it definitely wasn't for me! I'll stick to random guys at random bars, ya know, how one finds love nowadays. On the streets and bars of uptown, am I right?

Oh, and if you're one of my friends or a friends friend...yeah, I saw you and I swiped no. Let's not make things awkward okay?

Have any of you tried Tinder? Any luck? Did you see me, then swiped no? That's okay, no hard feelings.

My Tinder Experience

xo.
Stalk me: here + here

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand where you are coming from. I tried Tinder and no luck. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Old fashion all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely not alone! Hey, at least it made for a good laugh! =)

      Delete